Recycling Plastic Bags, Wraps, and Flexible Film Packaging in the Seattle Area
You may have heard that plastic bags can be recycled… but did you know that plastic wraps and flexible film packaging can be too?
Plastic film, such as produce bags, dry cleaning bags, the wrap around paper towels and diapers, and more, can be recycled along with plastic bags.
Plastic film cannot be recycled in your curbside bin at home. Instead, it must be taken to a drop-off location, like a grocery or other retail store, to be collected for recycling. The good news is that there are a number of locations in the area that collect plastic film for recycling.
Scroll down to see where and how to recycle plastic film.
Please recycle only clean, dry plastic bags and film. Remove receipts or any other items from bags.
- Retail, carryout, produce, newspaper, bread, and dry cleaning bags (clean, dry and free of receipts and clothes hangers)
- Zip-top food storage bags (clean and dry)
- Plastic shipping envelopes (remove labels), bubble wrap and air pillows (deflate)
- Product wrap on cases of water/soda bottles, paper towels, napkins, disposable cups, bathroom tissue, diapers, and female sanitary products
- Furniture and electronic wrap
- Plastic cereal box liners
- Any film packaging or bag that has the How2Recycle Label