If your community is already recycling plastic film, make it official!
WRAP Champion Communities help to:
- Protect the environment
- Increase waste diversion from landfills and reduce litter
- Deter unwanted film from entering material recovery facilities (MRFs)
- Reduce needed waste management resources
- Support the local economy and jobs
Become a WRAP Champion Community by taking one or more of the following actions:
- Check your local listings of recycling locations in the Drop-off Directory to make sure they are accurate.
- Educate residents and businesses about what plastic film can be recycled and how to do it properly by listing resources on your website and adding information to mailers or newsletters.
- Encourage consumers and businesses to use drop-off collection points to recycle plastic film. Currently, drop-off collections capture the best quality material.
- Encourage local retailers to set up new collection programs and provide existing programs with signage to show examples of plastic film that can be collected along with plastic bags..
- Share photos or stories of plastic film recycling in your community.